develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from October 2008

Re: Help required in writing a script

From:
Chas. Owens
Date:
October 23, 2008 13:51
Re: Help required in writing a script
Message ID:
58ce48dc0810231350g7bdb1e39jd47ab692b42e5746@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 16:18, monnappa appaiah <monnappa22@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
>        i tried to install the "Expect" module........but i got the below
> error msg:
snip
> ERROR: cannot run the configured compiler 'cl'
> (see conf/compilerok.log). Suggestions:
> 1) The complier 'cl' is not in your PATH. Add it
>    to the PATH and try again. OR
> 2) The compiler isn't installed on your system. Install it. OR
> 3) You only have a different compiler installed (e.g. 'gcc').
>    Either fix the compiler config in the perl Config.pm
>    or install a perl that was built with the right compiler
>    (you could build perl yourself with the available compiler).
snip

It looks like you do not have the proper C compiler installed (cl is
Microsoft Visual C/C++ if I remember correctly).  You might be helped
by reading this article and its associated links:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=249803

You might also try Strawberry Perl* instead of ActiveState Perl.

* http://strawberryperl.com/

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net