develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from October 2008

Re: Help required in writing a script

From:
Chas. Owens
Date:
October 23, 2008 07:20
Re: Help required in writing a script
Message ID:
58ce48dc0810230720m292c4016t17aa326b7dfe5ad2@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 09:36, monnappa appaiah <monnappa22@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>         i need  help on something i'm working on.............I have 127
> systems connected in the network, i want to write a script which will run on
> a management server, i shud be able to connect to each and every system (all
> the systems have same password) and execute certain commands and the output
> of those commands shud be put in a file........i'm new to perl, can somebody
> help me as to how can i do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Monnappa

How do you connect to machines? (ssh, telnet, rlogin,  ouiga board, etc.)
Do you need to collect only stdout or do you need stderr as well?
Does it need to connect to all of the machines in parallel or can it
run serially?

Have you considered existing distributed shells?
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html.en
http://clusterssh.wiki.sourceforge.net/FAQ

--
Chas. Owens