develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2007

Re: Passing arguments to subroutine

From:
Chas Owens
Date:
May 31, 2007 08:15
Re: Passing arguments to subroutine
Message ID:
58ce48dc0705310815h24338db8lcb47bc2877a00649@mail.gmail.com
On 5/31/07, yitzle <yitzle@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
snip
> I suspect one of the tutorials that Google or Perl.org points to has
> something in it that needs correcting.
snip

Probably more than one thing.  I would suggest reading the following
books to learn Perl and to only use random tutorials on the Internet
as starting points to learn more by reading perldoc.

1.  The Llama --  Learning Perl (read cover to cover)
2.  The Staghound? -- Perl Best Practices (read cover to cover)
3.  The Camel -- Programming Perl (read cover to cover eventually, but
focus on areas where you have questions)
4.  The Panther -- Advanced Perl Programming (read cover to cover)

All told that is about $169.80 plus tax.  Of course, since they are
all O'Reilly books, you can just sign up for Safari Books for about
$20 a month and read them online.