develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2007

Error with Html code

From:
Alma
Date:
May 29, 2007 03:45
Subject:
Error with Html code
Message ID:
1180413537.257963.234470@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am not able to trace out why i am getting this error. help regarding
this will be appreciated.

I am using apache2  &  Gentoo linux. . i have a html upload.html

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<FORM  METHOD="post" ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data'>
Photo to Upload: <INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="photo">
Your Email Address: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="email_address">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Submit Form">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

but i am not able to view this html on my browser.
All other html pages are getting displayed.

Its giving me this errors

[Tue May 29 09:40:47 2007] [error] syntax error at /var/www/localhost/
perl/
upload.ht
ml line 2, near "HEAD>"\nBareword found where operator expected at /
var/www/
localhos
t/perl/upload.html line 5, near "<FORM  METHOD="post"
ENCTYPE='multipart/form-
data'>
\r\nPhoto"\nBareword found where operator expected at /var/www/
localhost/perl/
upload                                                                       .html
line 9, near ""submit" NAME"\nBareword found where operator expected
at /var/
ww/localhost/perl/upload.html line 9, near ""Submit" VALUE"\nBareword
found where
op
erator expected at /var/www/localhost/perl/upload.html line 12, near "/
BODY>\r\n</
HT
ML"\n  (Might be a runaway multi-line // string starting on line 11)\n

Thanks & regards,
Alma