develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2007

accesing a hash of an array of hashes

From:
pauld
Date:
May 26, 2007 09:20
Subject:
accesing a hash of an array of hashes
Message ID:
1180181877.144747.216770@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com
ive read a load of data in  from a CSV file with Text::CSV and ended
up with a hash (%hash) where the keys are the column labels.
my  @headings=split(/,/,$rows[0])
and then

for (my $j=1;$j<$#rows;$j++)
{
my $status  = $csv->parse ($rows[$j]);   # parse a CSV string into
fields
my @columns = $csv->fields ();           # get the parsed fields

for (my $i=0;$i<$#columns;$i++)
  {$hash{$headings[$i]}=$columns[$i];}

I want to  process the data once its grouped by the date field present
in $hash. So i think I want a hash of dates  where the key is that
date field
I  push onto the value the hashes of the records that contain the date

push @{$Hofdates{$hash{DATE}}},\%hash;

but im having a problem working out how to access the  individual
items in the  hashes that are elements of the array