develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2007

Re: Crypt::GCrypt error on new method

From:
Mike Blezien
Date:
May 23, 2007 08:52
Re: Crypt::GCrypt error on new method
Message ID:
001001c79d52$3ba22670$04fea8c0@DGGTPQ11

----- Original Message -----
From: "JOHN FISHER" <John.J.Fisher@slma.com>
To: <beginners@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:32 AM
Subject: Crypt::GCrypt error on new method

I am attempting to use gcrypt using a Perl interface

I have "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Crypt::GCrypt'" and installed it successfully.

I attempted to run the code in Perldoc, but get this error
    Can't locate object method "new" via package "GCrypt::Cipher" (perhaps you
forgot to load "GCrypt::Cipher"?) at gcrypt_testing.pl line 5.

Any ideas?

=====
  use Crypt::GCrypt;

  $cipher = GCrypt::Cipher->new(
    type => 'cipher',
    algorithm => 'aes',
    mode => 'cbc'
  );
  $cipher->start('encrypting');

  $cipher->setkey('my secret key');

  $cipher->setiv('my init vector');

  $ciphertext = $cipher->encrypt('plaintext');
  $ciphertext .= $cipher->finish;

  $plaintext  = $cipher->decrypt($ciphertext);
======Thanks,John

Shouldn't that be

$cipher = Crypt::GCrypt->new(  ..... );

Mike