develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2007

Problem with Spreadsheet::ParseExcel

From:
alok.nath
Date:
May 22, 2007 03:26
Subject:
Problem with Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
Message ID:
C4A55E6959ED6F498EA07FFB09DAB2E0070817A1@bgeexc04.asiapacific.cpqcorp.net
Hi,
	When I call "use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel" in my program I get
this error.

Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at
C:/Perl/lib/Spreadsheet/ParseExcel.pm line 67
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/Perl/lib/Spreadsheet/ParseExcel.pm line 67.
Compilation failed in require at Excel.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Excel.pl line 5.

	The line 67 in ParseExcel.pm contains-
	 use Scalar::Util qw(weaken);

	I have also ensured Scalar\Util.pm is in the path.

	Has anybody seen this error before ?

	Is there any other module for reading excel files ?

Thanks,
Alok.