develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2007

Re: Uninstalling perl module

From:
merlyn
Date:
Re: Uninstalling perl module
Message ID:
86tzvh6bbx.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com

"Mumia> ExtUtils::Packlist
"Mumia> ExtUtils::Install

"Mumia> I have no idea if the uninstallation methods described in those documents
"Mumia> work, but I post them for your perusal.

That's again pointing at the possibly damaging strategy that allows both
A and B to install file C (usually the same file), but uninstalling
one of them will break the other one.

Why is it unclear?  Am I not making sense?

YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL A MODULE IN GENERAL WITH PERL.

You have to use some sort of packaging system where a human is involved to
make sure that each install is owned by exactly one package, or marks that a
file should not be removed when being uninstalled.