develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2007

Re: Uninstalling perl module

From:
Nigel Peck
Date:
Re: Uninstalling perl module
Message ID:
4621F0AB.7060008@miswebdesign.com
yaron@kahanovitch.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I think that I understand you point.
> Now I am starting to fear cpan installations.
> Is there a chance that by doing a simple - naive cpan installation of a module I, potentially, can damage another installed module?

Hi Yaron,

I think what the others are saying is that it's *uninstalling* that is
dangerous, you should not have any problems because you installed a module.

And also that there's no need to uninstall a module, just stop using it
and leave the files there.

I've installed a lot of cpan modules over the years and never had it
cause any problems with other modules. I've never uninstalled a module.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Nigel