develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2007

Re: Uninstalling perl module

From:
Mumia W.
Date:
Re: Uninstalling perl module
Message ID:
4621D6B3.5040905@earthlink.net
On 04/15/2007 12:49 AM, yaron@kahanovitch.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I think that I understand you point.
> Now I am starting to fear cpan installations.
> Is there a chance that by doing a simple - naive cpan installation of a module I, potentially, can damage another installed module?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Yaron Kahanovitch

Before you give up on CPAN uninstallations, take a look at the PODs for
these modules:

ExtUtils::Packlist
ExtUtils::Install

I have no idea if the uninstallation methods described in those
documents work, but I post them for your perusal.