develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2007

Re: Uninstalling perl module

From:
Andreas Puerzer
Date:
Re: Uninstalling perl module
Message ID:
20070413153908.32741.qmail@lists.develooper.com
(Randal L. Schwartz) schrieb:

> yaron> I am using cpan to install modules.
> yaron> From time to time I have to uninstall a module.
> yaron> Untill now I did not find a tool to do it.
> yaron> Is there an official tool for this?
>
> No, because the CPAN.pm shell is an installer, not a packager.  It does not
> maintain a list of which files belong to which installations, and will happily
> let two installations both write to the same file.  This will be problematic
> when you want to remove one of those installations later.

Maybe the OP could use CPANPLUS, which offers the desired
uninstall-functionality. Worked fine the last time I used it, before i
chose to just ignore no-longer-wanted-nor-needed modules.
YMMV, of course.

Greetings,
Andreas PĆ¼rzer

--