Term::ReadLine examples lacking

From:
Harry Putnam
Date:
Term::ReadLine examples lacking
Message ID:
m24r8wgpxz.fsf@sbcglobal.net
I'm having a heck of a time finding examples of using Term::ReadLine
to allow editing of user input to perl programs.

perldoc Term::ReadLine, at my low level of skill, reads like semi
gibberish and I see no simple examples.

My needs are pretty simple.  I wnat to allow the user some kind of
line editing on her input.

That is, the script prompts the user for input.  Each line of input
is editable with something like vi or emacs type line editing
commands.

Googling like this: Term::ReadLine group:comp*perl*

Finds a number of messages but I see no simple examples of what I
want to do.