Directory and its sub-directory disk usage: Windows '98

From:
Rajendra Babu, Praveen
Date:
December 29, 2002 16:09
Subject:
Directory and its sub-directory disk usage: Windows '98
Message ID:
E73ABEF47B1FD51192C300D0B7B9D19D064D0235@acnsydmsx15.acnielsen.com.au
Hi All,
      This is in Windows '98. I am writing a script to find the entire
directory space(i.e. including sub-directories) occupied from an input
directory name.

Eg. If at the command prompt  I give something like, "perl dir_size.pl
h:\raps\test\prajendr", the output should be the entire disk space occupied
by the directory "prajendr" and all its sub-directories. The one least
option I am looking at is "dir /s" and re-directing it to a file and then
manipulating the same.

  Is there a better way in Windows ?!

TIA,
Praveen

IMPORTANT-
(1) The contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and
intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any unauthorised
use of the contents is expressly prohibited.  If you receive this email
in error, please contact us, then delete the email.
(2) ACNielsen collects personal information to provide and market our
services. For more information about use, disclosure and access see our
privacy policy at <www.acnielsen.com.au> or contact us on privacyofficer@acnielsen.com.au