setting up mysql and DBI package on win98

From:
Patricia Hinman
Date:
December 27, 2002 14:28
Subject:
setting up mysql and DBI package on win98
Message ID:
20021227222829.78552.qmail@web20009.mail.yahoo.com
I have set up mysql application server on my pc, and
added a class path to the bin.  When I use the Mysql
Manager Tools Query it throws a 10050 connection
failure message.  I'm using the word localhost for the
server name and 127.0.0.1 for host.

And have installed perl 5.8, and used cpan to intall:
DBD-Mysql
DBD-ODBC
DBI
But when I run a file with use DBI it throws an unable
to load file error, DBI.dll

How do I make sure these modules  are properly
installed?  The modules show when I use the query
command in ppm.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thankyou for your help.