Device::Serial could not find ioctl definitions!

From:
Jeff Liu
Date:
Device::Serial could not find ioctl definitions!
Message ID:
MMELJKKFCIKABOGBMODCAEAPEFAA.jeff@onramp.ca
Hi,

I have a problem to install perl module "Device-SerialPort-0.13" into Redhat
8(perl 5.8.0) due to above errors. In the past, I had installed it into
RedHat6/RedHat7 many many times. Do not know how to fix that.
Any help will be highly appreciate. Below is the whole error message.

Happy new year to all.

Thanks,
Jeff

-bash-2.05b# cd Device-SerialPort-0.13
-bash-2.05b# perl Makefile.PL
Finding ioctl methods ...
trying 'termios.ph'... nope
trying 'asm/termios.ph'... nope
trying 'sys/termiox.ph'... nope
trying 'sys/termios.ph'... (CRTSCTS) useful
trying 'sys/ttycom.ph'... nope
trying 'sys/modem.ph'... nope
Device::Serial could not find ioctl definitions!
Perl did not find any .ph files to get at least the following ioctls:
        TIOCMBIS
        TIOCMBIC
        TIOCMGET
        CRTSCTS
Please check your Perl installation, or read 'man h2ph'.  As root, you may
need to run:
        cd /usr/include; h2ph -r -l .
before the Perl *.ph files will work.