Simple Question

From:
Janfek Esquivel
Date:
December 27, 2002 09:02
Subject:
Simple Question
Message ID:
F196a1Whhk4wPNrXlXz0001f5c9@hotmail.com
I have a cgi that gets variables from a form (only numeric) and that form is
sent to a text file to get the information that I need later. What I'm
having problems with is that I need some fields to add themselves and
display different totals on the same form when a modification is made to one
of those fileds. I used a Javascript and tested it on an html, it works, but
it doesn't seem to work on my cgi. Is there something I'm doing wrong, is
there something else I can do?
Your help will be appreciated. Here is the javascript I'm using and also I
attach the cgi.
Thanks in advance.
Janfek Esquivel.

<script language="JavaScript">
   <!--

   var totalBoxes = 11;
   function updateTotal(theform) {
        var d1_12 = 0;
        for (var i = 1; i < totalBoxes + 1; i++) {
             d1_12 -= eval('theform.num'+i).value;
        }
        theform.d1_12.value = -d1_12;
   }