migrating to oracle from mysql

From:
Ramprasad
Date:
December 26, 2002 22:00
Subject:
migrating to oracle from mysql
Message ID:
3E0BEC71.7080307@netcore.co.in
Hello all ,

    I have been using mysql as a database and Mysql.pm helped me do most
of the work easily. Now If my database changes to oracle ( which it
probably would ) then will I have to rewrite all the code.

   I just looked at DBI and found them to be too much of a bother using
such a module. I am required to do *prepare* , *bind_param* , *execute*
, *bind_column* etc just to get a simple sql select statement with a
where clause.

    Are there any simpler interfaces to oracle

Thanks and regards,
Ramprasad