Re: Simulating the query string from the command line

From:
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Re: Simulating the query string from the command line
Message ID:
Pine.OSX.4.44.0212251027190.927-100000@chernobyl.local
I generally do the following:

1.  Create a shell script that executes a "set" (which prints out the
environment) and redirects it to a file.  That allows you to then create a
shell script which makes your environment *exactly* match the environment
set by the web server when you do a query.

2.  Redirect the standard input using 'cat' to a file (now you've captured
standard input to the script).

3.  echo the arguments into a file.

Now you've got a script which basically captures all the data that the
webserver might pass to it.  Now install it on your webserver as a
drop-in replacement for your script.  Then call it (as you would call
your script).  Now you've captured all the data that gets passed into
the script.  You can then pass this into your app for testing from the
shell.

Best of luck.

Chander