Re: Simulating the query string from the command line

From:
Todd Wade
Date:
Re: Simulating the query string from the command line
Message ID:
20021225053339.30453.qmail@onion.perl.org

"R. Joseph Newton" <rjnewton@efn.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to feed a query string to a perl script from the command
line?  I have some scripts that run well under IIS, but not on the Unix
server where I will be porsting them when they go live.  I've checked the
obvious things-- it has the proper #!/usr/bin/perl-w header, it addresses
only files in the same folder, so should not have any path delimiter issues.
The newlines have all been striped of CRs.

> What I would like to do over telnet is to feed the app a query line, as if
from a browser, and receive the output that would be sent.  Is there any way
to prime STDIN and the ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'} so that my app behaves as it
would were the input to be submitted by a POST request?

CGI.pm has this functionality built in. Pass a query string as an argument
to the script:

./mycgiprog.pl firstName=todd&lastName=wade

Todd W.