Simulating the query string from the command line

From:
R. Joseph Newton
Date:
December 24, 2002 15:43
Subject:
Simulating the query string from the command line
Message ID:
3E08F165.42BB74F4@efn.org
Hi,

Is there any way to feed a query string to a perl script from the command line?  I have some scripts that run well under IIS, but not on the Unix server where I will be porsting them when they go live.  I've checked the obvious things-- it has the proper #!/usr/bin/perl-w header, it addresses only files in the same folder, so should not have any path delimiter issues.  The newlines have all been striped of CRs.

What I would like to do over telnet is to feed the app a query line, as if from a browser, and receive the output that would be sent.  Is there any way to prime STDIN and the ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'} so that my app behaves as it would were the input to be submitted by a POST request?

Thanks,

Joseph