problem with Net::FTP and Netgear FVS318 firewall

From:
Foreman
Date:
December 24, 2002 02:54
Subject:
problem with Net::FTP and Netgear FVS318 firewall
Message ID:
002801c2aac3$85f27800$0500a8c0@hplaptop
Hi.  I am able to get to my ftp server through Internet explorer if I set the "Use Passive FTP for compatability..." to true in the Internet Options menu.  Otherwise, I can only get to my ftp server using the local IP address.  Presumably, using passive mode in ftp (pasv) should get me the same result when trying to get to my server through the internet.  However, no luck.  I have included the ftp code below.  If I subsititute the local IP address for the full internet path then the script works, otherwise it hangs (probably because my firewall won't allow access.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks, Lincoln

use Net::FTP;

#$ftp = Net::FTP->new("192.168.0.10"); # if I uncomment this line and comment the next line the script works.

$ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.lforeman.homeip.net");
$ftp->login("anonymous","anypassword");
$ftp->pasv;
$ftp->cwd("/pub");
$ftp->get("front_porch_outlet.pl");