RE: Help installing Tk

From:
Hanson, Rob
Date:
RE: Help installing Tk
Message ID:
E693DE68445C064FA112BAFE0A5EFD25975633@exchange.nj.aptegrity.com
It might help if you told us specifically how you tried to install it.  Did
you use the CPAN shell?  Did you use any Makefile.PL options?

Basically it isn't installed (tests failed, prerequisits missing?), or it
isn't installed where it needs to be.  Any details on the install would be
helpful, possibly including portions of the output of make (although it does
get pretty long for Tk).

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Alice Wood [mailto:alice@schiffwood.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 4:47 PM
To: Perl Beginners
Subject: Help installing Tk

Ever had the feeling you've been doing too much!

OK, for the first time ever I am attempting to install bits from CPAN (Is
 that groaning I hear). I am installing the Tk Bundle, so I follow all the
 bits from the Camel book, as the readme has no instructions. According to
my
listing I have Bundle::Tk installed, however, I am getting the following
message.

Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
.) at test1 line 4.

test1 is my program, so what do I do now? Any help appreciated.

Best wishes and seasons greetings,

Alice Wood