check against two different passwords.

From:
David Gilden
Date:
December 23, 2002 09:15
Subject:
check against two different passwords.
Message ID:
r01050400-1023-1F1A98D6169A11D78F0D0003935B6868@[192.168.1.4]
Hello,

in the following

# Goal:  check against two different passwords.

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $qs = 'c';
my $secret_word  = 'a';
my $secret_word_guest  = 'b';

if ($qs !~ /$secret_word_guest|$secret_word/) {
    print "fail\n";
        } else {
        print "go, ok\n";
        }

another version:

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $qs = "a";
my $secret_word  = 'a';
my $secret_word_guest  = 'b';

if ($qs ne ($secret_word_guest || $secret_word)) {
print "fail\n";
} else { print "go, ok\n";}

--------
the original works fine!
if ($qs ne  $secret_word) {
print "fail\n";
exit;
}

What should happen is that if $secret_word OR $secret_word_guest does not Match $qs
Then it should print 'Fail'.

The above behaves correctly, but when I try to bring a second test,
it fails....

I can not seem to get this to do what i want!
Can any one show me by example what is wrong.

Dave
---------
OSX, Jaguar PERL 5.6
Cora Connection: Your West African Music Source
Resources, Recordings, Instruments & More!
<http://www.coraconnection.com/>