Locking files before delivery

From:
Marcelo
Date:
December 11, 2002 08:42
Subject:
Locking files before delivery
Message ID:
3DF76C32.8090801@espoltel.net
  Hi everybody !!
Thanks a lot for the references about e-mail manipulation script at
perlmonks , ...It works great ... but I have another problem ... look
the thing is that I need to run the script over every mail in the queue,
I'm using sendmail but it generates a flat text file under
/var/spool/user that contains all the mail arrived in the sever for the
user ... , when I run the script over this file, I only get the header
from the first mail arrived ..., so I need to find the way to run the
script like a deamon  over the mail/spool/mqueue directory ... like a
mail scanner, and then the mail could be delivered ...the questions is
How do I lock the message in the directory until the script works ?

Thanks