func to see if an item exists in an array?

From:
christopher j bottaro
Date:
December 8, 2002 19:53
Subject:
func to see if an item exists in an array?
Message ID:
200212082152.59287.cjb@cs.utexas.edu
hey,
perl's got so many nifty little functions to make my life easier, i wonder if
it has anything that lets you see if an item exists in an array or if two
arrays are disjoint or the set difference of two arrays or anything like
that.  sure i could write my own func, but hey, if its already there...=)

thanks...
christopher

P.S.  i looked in perlfunc but didn't find anything...