weird problems (dunno a good subject)

From:
christopher j bottaro
Date:
December 8, 2002 17:24
Subject:
weird problems (dunno a good subject)
Message ID:
200212081923.56257.cjb@cs.utexas.edu
hello again,
i wrote a perl script to compile and install kde for me.  compiling kde from
scratch can be an all day affair so its nice to have an automated script to
do it overnight or whatever.  it works great if it finishes the whole way
thru, but the problem arises when i kill the script before it finishes...

say for instance my kde install script compiles and installs 7 kde packages.
i decide to kill it via ctrl-c so i can use my computer for something else
(like playing america's army, hehe).  then i want to manually finish
installing kde.  the problem is, it won't let me manually finish installing
kde.  when i run make, it bombs out saying something about a libtool file
being moved.

i don't understand why compiling kde via the script works all the way thru,
but not if i use the script to do half then manually do the other half.

i'm using system() to exec stuff like "configure", "make" and "make install".

any insight would greatly be appreciated...

thanks,
christopher