Using ssh for uptime?

From:
Mark Weisman
Date:
December 7, 2002 09:09
Subject:
Using ssh for uptime?
Message ID:
B030C8F9120CCD43A1FC642851FB9FB46DB5@mavrick.outland
I've got a script that I'm working on that will use SSH to check the
uptime on servers within my domain. However, I'm unsure of how exactly
to do this this is what I have so far.

##!/usr/bin/perl

#My (@machines,$host,$user,$pass)

#Open(INFILE,"<machines.txt")
#	or die "Error opening machines.txt.$!,stopped"
#@machines = <INFILE>;
#Close(INFILE);
#Foreach my $rec (@machines) {
#	chomp($rec);
#	($host,$user,$pass) = split(/,/, $rec);
#	open (OUTFILE, ">records.txt")
#		or die "Error opening records.txt.$!,stopped";
#	close(OUTFILE);
#	open (OUTFILE, ">>records.txt")
#		or die "Error opening records.txt.$!,stopped";
#	print OUTFILE 'ssh -l $user $host "uptime"';
#	close(OUTFILE);
#};
Without the hash marks of course. Where am I going wrong? Help please?

His Faithful Servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President / CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Inc.
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.ivedsys.com
weismanm@ivedsys.com