Issues with CPAN

From:
John Burski
Date:
December 5, 2002 15:11
Subject:
Issues with CPAN
Message ID:
3DEF33F8.6050400@cloudnet.com
I've a fresh install of Red Hat 8.0 with Perl 5.8.0 and I need to
install some code to facilitate barcoding, specifically Code 128.  Using
CPAN I was able to install the Barcode::Code128 module.  However, the
documentation for the Barcode::Code128 module indicates that the GD
module is necessary for creating barcode graphics.  When I attempted to
install the GD module I received the following error:

> Warning: prerequisite Math::Trig 1 not found.

Upon searching the perl directories, I found that the Math/Trig.pm
exists in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Math/Trig.pm.

Is this the module it's looking for?  If so, does anyone have any ideas
why the install of GD fails?  If not, which module is it looking for?

Thanks.