Snagging the last page of a report

From:
Paul Kraus
Date:
December 5, 2002 10:59
Subject:
Snagging the last page of a report
Message ID:
003501c29c90$7e047440$64fea8c0@pkrausxp
Every month I have several reports I print to disk. They are hundreds of
pages long. I only need the last page of each. As it is now I open it in
a text editor scroll down and copy the last page to a new text document.
This is irritating and I want to play with the Perl I have been
learning.

How can I snag the last page of something.

I could do a search to find end of file (I think you can do that with
reg expr). Then if somehow I could have it report the position of the
file the EOF occurs I could then somehow count back to the first part of
the page then ummm well you see my confusion. Any help and suggestions
are appreciated. All though a solution would definitely solve my problem
it wouldn't be fun at all :)

However if I could get some hints or be pointed at some relevant info I
would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Paul Kraus
Network Administrator
PEL Supply Company
216.267.5775 Voice