Writeing a HTTP server with perl

From:
LRMK
Date:
December 2, 2002 08:55
Subject:
Writeing a HTTP server with perl
Message ID:
00a401c29a23$c97cb000$345e5ecb@lrmk
I wrote a http server in perl to handle
GET request from browser
but browsers only send
GET folder\filename HTTP X.Y
request to the server

how do i find which domain name that the user typed in the Address field. to implement hosts.
actually i just want to know how to do it my server will not be a fully qualified one it just reads GET request and send some thing to the client depending on the request

but from GET i only see folder path of the requested url
how do i find the domain name or absolute url that user want