getting rid of STDOUT sometimes...

From:
chad kellerman
Date:
December 2, 2002 02:55
Subject:
getting rid of STDOUT sometimes...
Message ID:
1038826499.326.7.camel@host
Hey guys,

 I got a script that uses Net::SCP.  When ever I use it in the script it
prints to stdout.

 I have other parts of the script where I use print statments to
describe what part of the script is being executed.

 Is there a way to suppress the Net::SCP stdout messages but keep my
normal prints.

examples:

<code>
my $scp = Net::SCP->new( { "host"=>$Ip, "user"=>$user } );
   $scp->put("$identity") or die $scpS->{errstr};
</code>
what gets printed to STDOUT is:
scp /home/bob/file.txt root@10.10.10.10:fiel.txt

I want to suppress that scp /home/bob stuff.

Nad keep all the print statements in the scri[pt..

Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks,
--chad

--