develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2002

RE: select from oracle and write to file

From:
DeBaets, Kirk
Date:
May 1, 2002 07:07
RE: select from oracle and write to file
Message ID:
630C591C6BAB244FBAE6F9DB35A62097034B195C@EVS01.stpete.hsn.net
Between execute and finish add fetchrow_array() to get the result set,
and then do with the rows what you wish.  E.g.,

my @row;
while ( @row = $sth->fetchrow_array() ){
  print "Row:  @row\n";
}

-----Original Message-----
From: garrett esperum [mailto:shamonsflame@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 6:20 PM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: select from oracle and write to file

Hello all,

Solaris, Oracle 8.1.6, Perl 5

How do I write my selected row from Oracle out to a new file? Below is
what
I have so far. I can select the row, but I don't know how to write it to
new file:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
#
# REMEMBER! Set the environment variable: ORACLE_HOME=/path-to-oracle
BEFORE
running this script.
#

use strict;
use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:db',
                        'user',
                        'passwd',
                        {
                        RaiseError => 1,
                        AutoCommit => 0
                        }
                        ) || die "Database connection not made:
$DBI::errstr";
my $sql = qq{ SELECT oid FROM bv_ep_project };
my $sth = $dbh->prepare ( $sql );
$sth->execute();
$sth->finish();
$dbh->disconnect();