Re: perl course

From:
drieux
Date:
Re: perl course
Message ID:
8B6D8A3D-5C58-11D6-9C26-0030654D3CAE@wetware.com

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 04:53 , Tucker, Ernie wrote:

> I am looking at putting together a class for my kids school on perl. I am
> looking for suggestions, course books, homework examples, etc.

Get the LAMA book!

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lperl3/

you might get bold and brassy and go with 'algorithms in perl'
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/maperl/

alternatively:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlcdbs2/
	{ the basics with two CD's } I haven't used these
	so I can not officially recommend them from experience.

you would probably also want to if you have the time get to

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex/

then of course you will want to drop the 3rd Edition on them.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/

cf:

http://www.perl.org/press/bibliography.html

Then again - just shutting them away in a dark room,
with big fanged beasties is not a good idea....

8-)

ciao
drieux

---