RE: Debugging and 'uninitialized value in concatenation' question

From:
Chas Owens
Date:
RE: Debugging and 'uninitialized value in concatenation' question
Message ID:
1019836046.24584.210.camel@tert.icallinc.com
On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 11:44, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> While this appears to be a decent solution, I think I would still
> encounter the same problem that I wanted to avoid...  Every time it
> encounters a CPP statement (#IF DEBUG, #DEFINE, etc) then it still needs
> to make the proper calls and whatnot...  Whereas in C, since it's
> compiled, the pre-processor strips out the debug junk where appropriate
> as per your defines...
>
> I don't think the solution I want exists since this is not a compiled
> language...  Other than writing a pre-processor style program that
> manually strips out the debug stuff I don't want...
>
> Hrm.. I wonder if I can make a module for CVS that will do this..
>
> ---------------------------
> Jason H. Frisvold
> Senior ATM Engineer
> Engineering Dept.
> Penteledata
> CCNA Certified - CSCO10151622
> friz@corp.ptd.net
> ---------------------------
> "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
> Imagination encircles the world." -- Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

<snip />

You misunderstand what a source filter is; they _are_ the preprocessors
of the Perl language.  A source filter steps in the the way of the
execution of your perl program and alters it.  Anything hidden by a
false #IF or #IFDEF will not even _be_ in the copy of the Perl program
that perl executes.

--
Today is Sweetmorn the 43rd day of Discord in the YOLD 3168
All Hail Discordia!

Missile Address: 33:48:3.521N  84:23:34.786W