OpenInteract and others

From:
David Ulevitch
Date:
April 25, 2002 18:10
Subject:
OpenInteract and others
Message ID:
163496677250.20020425201006@everydns.net
Hello beginners,

  I hope this is the appropriate forum for this question.

  I have been looking for a pretty good base system for which to build
  a portal system. (messages, news, other content, weather)

  I want to write most or all of the modules myself but I figured an
  existing base platform for things like database interaction,
  session, security and other frameworks already existed.

  I found the OpenInteract project and browsing the mailing list
  archive seems like it has slowed down considerably over the last 6
  months. [url: http://www.openinteract.org/]

  Are people using this?  How is it?  Pros? Cons?

  What other systems are there?  I've seen bricolage but it is
  far more developed as a CMS than as a base system for what I want.

  I'm looking for a mod_perl/apache framework that has hooks for
  something like mysql or postgres.  If it supported the opensource
  sap_db that would also be very cool.  I'm happy to work from a
  framework and add my own modules and such -- I'm just looking for
  the best base that is out there and is tried and tested.

Thanks,
 David Ulevitch                       mailto:davidu@everydns.net
 Founder, EveryDNS.net                http://www.everydns.net