help please with syntax!

From:
M z
Date:
April 1, 2002 13:34
Subject:
help please with syntax!
Message ID:
20020401213423.25081.qmail@web20903.mail.yahoo.com
Can someone help me decode this?  or if not, please
recommend a good reference book or site for my
specific needs!  thanks

i wrote this script for use of active perl installed
on win98 and used two modules

#!C:\Perl\bin -w

use HTML::Parse;
use HTML::FormatText;

# My question is here, insofar as I have little to
#zero experience working with modules in general, I am
#a newcomer, please forgive :) as I need help with
#basic syntax

$plain_text =
HTML::FormatText->new->format(parse_html($html_text));
print "$plain_text\n";

#FormatText -> new
#does this mean a new object is being created from the

#HTML::formatText module which is necessary to call
#the format method?  Also, is the format method
#accepting the results of the parse_html method? which
#parses whatever is stored in $html_text?

therefore wouldn't I have to modify my script to have
$html_text be defined?  say slurp all of my input into
the $html_text variable for processing?

thanks kindly, and please don't be too vicious on me :)