develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

RE: counter script and chmod 755

From:
David Gray
Date:
March 28, 2002 09:35
RE: counter script and chmod 755
Message ID:
001901c1d67e$f3ba22d0$7800a8c0@3b2.com
> I am putting a counter on a website for the first time. I
> undstand that because the server is Unix that I will need to
> se permission for the counter.
>
> I believe this can be done within the Perl script using the line:
>
> chmod (0755, "counter.cgi");
>
> right within the counter.cgi script itself.
>
> Is this correct and where in the script should it be placed.

There is a much easier way to do that if you have shell access to the
server. You can type

chmod 755 counter.cgi

at the command prompt.

I'm not sure if you would be able to set the permissions from within the
script, I've never tried that. If you try all of your options and
nothing's working, please let us know what you've tried and what errors
you get.

Hope that helps,

 -dave