develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

DBI really quick question

From:
James Taylor
Date:
March 19, 2002 14:18
Subject:
DBI really quick question
Message ID:
20020319223248.C975820D07F@shell.hatesville.com
CPAN is running exremely slow (as per usual) and I just have a quick
question.  How do I CREATE a database from within perl with MySQL? Generally
the first command you give for DBI will be a statement to connect to a db,
but what if I have to have the db created first?

This is for a script that will automate the installation of a set of 12
scripts, and sets up 6 tables, and I don't want to have to tell users to
first have to run mysql, type in "create database blah", quit, and then run
the script.