develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

Re: write to an Excel document

From:
Tirthankar C. Patnaik
Date:
March 12, 2002 09:35
Re: write to an Excel document
Message ID:
Pine.OSF.4.10.10203122259170.329206-100000@brahma.igidr.ac.in

Dear Allison,

> Does anyone know how to write to an Excel document?  I've opened the
> document using OLE but I cannot find any documentation on how to store data
> in the spreadsheet.  If anyone knows what the commands are to do this please
> let me know.  Thanks,

Try the SpreadSheet::ParseExcel, and the SpreadSheet::WriteExcel modules from CPAN.

An excellent link for the task you have in mind, is:

http://www-106..ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/I-pexcel/

HTH,

-tir

--
 Tirthankar, IGIDR.
 +91-22-8400919 x275 (r), x593(o), x542(CFL).

  MEDICINE, n.  A stone flung down the Bowery to kill a dog in Broadway.