develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

RE: unusual character splitting

From:
Hanson, Robert
Date:
March 6, 2002 09:21
RE: unusual character splitting
Message ID:
11A304418ECBAB498FBF10ABCEA5E499017C04BD@hq2kax1.nj.aptegrity.com
"perldoc perllocale" has a lot of info and explains everything.  It depends
on a lot of things including your OS, and how it is setup. (at least that is
what it says, I don't know enough about it to refute it)

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Ball [mailto:chris@void.printf.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:07 PM
To: Lex
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: unusual character splitting

    alex> thus is my question: which regex do i have to use so i'll get
    alex> the words with diaeresis also in @words?

Hi, Alex.

Try turning on Perl's locale support to help with this - add the line
'use locale;' to the top of your script.  It depends on your system's
locale configuration being sane, but it should solve your problem if
this is so.

Hope this helps,

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."