develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

how can i change this

From:
Debbie McNerney
Date:
March 6, 2002 08:32
Subject:
how can i change this
Message ID:
B8ABAECA.3022%debbie.mcnerney@news-jrnl.com
I have successfully modified an existing script that does the following:

1. uploads a file
2. takes the contents of a form and emails whoever,  together with a link to
the file (file exists on our web server).

My problem is this. Everytime the email is delivered (linux red-hat 7.1),
the sender is 'nobody'. I know this is probably some sort of server default
and I would like to change this to something else...like 'The Company Corp.'

Here is the snippet that I am using to send the emails:

> sub Email_User {
> $sj="-s \"the Company Digital Proofs\"";
> system("mail $sj " . "$email_addresses" . " < ../TheCompany/uploads/" .
> "$descrip");
> }

I guess the variable $sj = -s refers to the subject. Can someone direct me
to where/what/how I can adjust the sender to anything other than 'nobody'
which is what the users are seeing now.

If I am not giving you enough information, forgive me...I am still learning..
--
Debbie McNerney, Systems Dept.
The News-Journal Corp.®