develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

Re: extracting params to a hash

From:
Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
Date:
March 5, 2002 10:25
Re: extracting params to a hash
Message ID:
Pine.GSO.4.21.0203051322240.46-100000@crusoe.crusoe.net
On Mar 4, Shaun Fryer said:

>I'm trying to convert an old script that used cgi-lib.pl over to using
>CGI.pm. In order to save time I'd like to simply do something like
>what follows (though that doesn't actually work it seems).
>
>%in = param;

param() only returns field names.  But why not just do:

  use CGI 'Vars';
  my %in = Vars();
  # or, for a hash reference instead
  # my $in = Vars();