develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

RE: painful but bonehead question

From:
Timothy Johnson
Date:
March 5, 2002 07:09
RE: painful but bonehead question
Message ID:
C0FD5BECE2F0C84EAA97D7300A500D500258103F@SMILEY

It would help if you gave a better example of what you've done.  Can you
post your code?

-----Original Message-----
From: dru levin
To: beginners@perl.org
Sent: 3/4/02 6:29 PM
Subject: painful but bonehead question

I am a newbie trying to write Perl scripts in Linux environment:

question is, why is Perl evaluating my " (quotes) as ? (question marks)
? ,
i.e. like in a simple string " blah blah blah"

do I have to be in certain shell if using a Linux-based environment. It
works fine on my NT box with basic command line

perl -w <Xcript file>.

yours truly,

BoneHead Johnson