develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

Perl and COM

From:
Ben Nospam
Date:
March 4, 2002 23:30
Subject:
Perl and COM
Message ID:
20020305013425.29526.qmail@onion.perl.org
I'm interested in accessing COM from Perl.  In particular, we (my employer)
have
a hardware test application based on COM/ATL, with IO devices being accessed
through a COM server.  Coming up on my schedule is integrating that test
functionality with a scripting language such that test scripts can access
those IO devices through the COM interface.  This newsgroup led me to have a
look at Dave Roth's Win32 Perl: the Standard Extensions 2nd ed. but browsing
its contents on amazon, I didn't see any mention of COM.  As a newbie to
Perl, can anyone tell me a good place to start looking for info?  Is there
already a Perl extension (or better yet, built-in feature) for what I've
described?  Books on the subject?

Thanks,
Ben