develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

HTML::Tree with https --> Make that HTML::Request with https

From:
Daniel Falkenberg
Date:
March 4, 2002 22:45
HTML::Tree with https --> Make that HTML::Request with https
Message ID:
3ACA70B144BD6D45B994CAC2CA4B9F980164D2@opal.vintek.local
Hey all,

Is it possible to do the following...

I want to get the URL at $inputsite with the following...

$inputSite =
"mydomain.com/cgi-bin/new-userdatalookup?username=$username&access=Dialu
p&month=01&year=2001&loggedin=1";
$tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new;
$address = "https://" . $inputSite;
$request = HTTP::Request->new('GET', $address);
$response = $ua->request($request);
my $found = 0;

Now unfortunatly this won't return correcly.  Keep in mind that all the
credentials are correct.  I take it I probably can't do this and hence
the reason I am using HTTPS rather than the standard http.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Dan