develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

perl, remsh, and remote files

From:
Randy Brown
Date:
March 3, 2002 23:17
Subject:
perl, remsh, and remote files
Message ID:
B4B86640A5C3854C8B4003F0C524F2C231595A@cmimail2.amdocs.com
Here's a perl question for you.  I am trying to write a few lines that will run one one machine, and check if a file exists on other machines.  Here is what I am thinking:

                $pcommand="remsh $remote_machine -l $myaccount -n if ( -e a_file);";

                if (  system ($pcommand)  )
                {print "\n COULD NOT FIND >>> a_file \n";exit;}

problem is, it doesn't work.  Any one have an idea?

Thanks!

Randy