develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2002

Perl to work like Java

From:
Daniel Falkenberg
Date:
March 3, 2002 17:44
Subject:
Perl to work like Java
Message ID:
3ACA70B144BD6D45B994CAC2CA4B9F980164C5@opal.vintek.local
Hey all,

I need a Perl script to be able to have a user fill out an online form.
Now this is easy enough but what I want is the user to check a couple of
checkboxes and then have the script go and do something like a
calculation.  Can this be done using perl or do I have to use Java?
Also I would rather the page not have to be refreshed each time the user
checks a checkbox.

Basically the script will work like the following....

1: User checks some boxes on a page....

2: Page now does some calculations according to user input....

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Dan