Re: Perl question

From:
Elaine -HFB- Ashton
Date:
Re: Perl question
Message ID:
20020227215215.GK9934@chaos.wustl.edu
Allison Ogle [aogle@ti.com] quoth:
*>
*>I am a beginner trying to write a program which will read information from a
*>log file and write it to a spreadsheet for easier viewing and organization
*>but I'm not sure how to do this or how to get started.  ANY help would be
*>appreciatd.  Please respond to aogle@ti.com.  Thanks so much,

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlopentut.html

is a place to start. Perl comes with a buttload of documentation and there
are a lot of books out there as well to get you started. It is much easier
to answer a specific question than to ask an incredibly broad question
that a book would do a better job of answering.

e.