Re: file names with spaces in perl

From:
Jenda Krynicky
Date:
Re: file names with spaces in perl
Message ID:
3C7D1810.31821.9838FC7@localhost
From:           	"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6@bcbsm.com>
> I'm having a problem with trying to get
> a list of files with spaces in them.
>
> I'm writing a perl script that goes into
> a directory, get a list of files with spaces
> in them (this is a file.doc) and run a
> mkisofs command against it.
>
> I can get a list of the files:
>
> [example]
>
> $debug=2;
> foreach $cmd (`ls -1 $report_dir`)
>
> [/example]
>
> This *looks* like it gives me what i want (a list
> of directories that have spaces in them, but
> when i try something like this:

Please don't shell out (start external processes) unless you have to.
Use readdir or glob instead!

> [example]
>
>  {
>         $mkisofs -f -J -r -hide-joliet-trans-tbl -V 'Report' -T -v -o
> '$iso_dir/$cmd.iso' "$report_dir";
>         }
> __END__
> [/example]

print the command instead of executing it, Maybe you'll notice
what the problem is. Also ... I don't see any system(), backticks or
whatever in your code, didn't you copy&pasted the real code into
your post?

Jenda

=========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me