Re: accessing a windows directory

From:
Jenda Krynicky
Date:
Re: accessing a windows directory
Message ID:
3C7D1017.12700.9646C6E@localhost
From:           	Eric Peers <peers@ap.net>
Send reply to:  	peers@ap.net
To:             	<beginners@perl.org>
Subject:        	accessing a windows directory
Date sent:      	Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:52:50 -0800

> I'm writing a simple file search program to run on a Windows machine
> and am having trouble accessing a directory with spaces in the path
> name.  For example: my $dir = "D:\\Images\\Active Images 600 dpi\\"

What do you mean by "accessing"?
There is no problem opening files in directories with spaces in the
names, you should only have to care if you execute an external
program.

Please show us some example.

Jenda

=========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me